301-843-6551 | 12333 Washington Square Waldorf, MD 20601
Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At McGhees Auto Service in Waldorf
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near White Plains
$20.00 OFF FIRST TIME CUSTOMER SPECIALview coupon
GET $20.00 OFF REPAIRS WITH YOUR FIRST VISIT TO MCGHEES AUTO SERVICE.
Anon , 10/04/2021
Mr. Mcghee and staff were very cordial and responsive to all of my inquiries. I inquired about a MD State Inspection for my used SUV and he answered all of my questions respectfully and in detail. He mentioned that vehicles were serviced on a First come, First serve basis depending on how soon I could get my vehicle to their Waldorf location. The service men were cordial and asked if we had any further questions and provided us with a time frame for servicing our vehicle and called as stated when the SUV was ready. I was pleased with the service provided and the attentiveness to our vehicle needs; they even told a few jokes while we waited and provided information about what businesses were around that we could kill time in while we waited for our SUV to be inspected. Would refer this shop to others and may be back for other services necessary for the upkeep of my vehicle. Thank you.